6.17.2013

The BIG move!

So for many that don't know, I've recently moved to the Midwest, Chicago, to be exact. I was offered a management position with Marriott in Chicago. My property is in the north suburbs of Chicago. Lincolnshire Marriott Resort and it's massive and gorgeous!




Work is awesome. They keep me very busy which makes the days go by quick and painless.
I'll say it again and again this place is AWESOME. It has a golf course, a theatre for daily plays or musicals, trails everywhere! Which is now a part of my daily routine. Daily Runs actually more like walks or bike rides. (Lets be REAL)


Ok ok I've been here for about 2 weeks and I still haven't experience the amazing city of Downtown Chicago, but believe me it will be ASAP!
The very first day, the moment I checked into my hotel, my boys came down from Milwaukee to help me coupe with the big solo move. Definitely loved every second!

After my first week of work, I hopped on a train to Milwaukee to visit my boys for the weekend and catch my boo Dashi do WERK in Wicked the Musical. Milwaukee is gorgeous, who would of thought!




Coming back to reality, its back to work I go or should I say my temporary home! Living at the hotel is very nice, especially walking about less than 20 steps to get to my office. And the ROOM SERVICE... to die for!!


I found an apartment, about 20-25 mins from my work and guess what, less than 5 mins away from one of the LARGEST malls in AMERICA!! PERFECTION, right? I think so!!
So I found this incredible shared apartment on Craigslist. Yes, I know sounds super sketchy, but turns out shes AWESOME! We met up (with others obviously because we both felt the same way with meeting up with randi's off craigslist), checked out the CUTE apartment, and later that night went out for dessert and drinks and just hit it off, so now we're roommates!

Yajaira & Karina
Cheers to good memories!
(Pic to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment